Metro Parks is looking for basketball coaches for the upcoming school year's Beyond the Bell programming. There are paid and volunteer coaching opportunities. Practices are twice a week and there are Saturday games. No experience required.
Sample duties of a Beyond the Bell coach:
• Arrive at the school site by 3:30pm to have practice after school on practice days. Students receive a snack and get ready for practice.
• Coach escorts team to the area for practice (gym/field) by 4pm; use practice plans provided by the Metro Parks sports team.
• Coaches start practice by leading a programmed Social Emotional Learning check-in with the team, outlined in the practice plans.
• Practice from 4:15pm until about 5:30pm.
• Parents will pick up students between 5:30-6pm.
• Games are on Saturdays for about an hour at various fields or gyms during the season
• Be the point of contact for team families for league related information, including game schedules and game locations for assigned teams.